Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Ace of Wands

I have finally started the next part of my journey, which happens to be Step 2 (part 6) in the Easy Tarot Handbook (ETH).  That is, Meeting the Tarot, starting with the Minor Arcana in general, and the suit of Wands in particular.

My first step was learning a few basic facts about Wands in this deck.  They represent Fire here, and most often are about business and work.  And as is appropriate to Fire, the cards in this suit are all red-tinged.

The Ace of Wands is no exception.  Black and yellow compliment an overall red theme.  The single wand emits fire, the planet might be Mars, and the storm clouds are glowing fiery red, presumably reflecting what I choose to believe is the sunset. The book definition you'll have to read for yourselves, Dear Readers, but I will give you my own personal interpretations.

The storm clouds make this, to me, a very good card.  I love storms, especially the violent thunder-and-lightening variety.  And it is obviously a card about beginnings--that special energy-charged quality of the air right before such a storm starts.  And whether the lightening pictured is heat lightening or storm lightening or even simply energy dispersal, it very much relates to Fire and, well, energy.  :)  The appearance of twilight (also a good time for me, as I'm very much a night person) is also a sign of good things coming, and the view of stars symbolizes great potential and the ability to go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment